LISTED, PENDED, CLOSED YEAR TO DATE SEPTEMBER 2012
LISTED, PENDED, CLOSED MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2012
PRICE BREAKDOWN BY PRICE CATEGORY YEAR TO DATE SEPTEMBER 2012
(This chart shows the percentage of the market represented by each price segment.)
- Closed sales have continued to escalate. As an example of how drastically the market has changed in the last few years, September YTD closed sales are up 77% vs. the same period in 2008.
- Both the Average and Median sales price for the SWFL area continues to increase. The Median is up 4.2% over 2011, and the Average has increased by 2.5%.
- A number of neighborhoods, particularly in the Naples area, are beginning to see appreciation at rates exceeding the overall Median increase.
- Since 2009, every year has had a remarkably steady rate of sales. In all four years, YTD pending sales thru the first three quarters are over 11,000 units.
- For 2012, the YTD pending sales number is almost 12,000 units, and is expected to accelerate this winter season, as housing markets continue to improve nationwide. Homes selling in other areas provide a boost to SWFL, since we have so many feeder markets in the Midwest, Northeast, and Southern states.
- Available inventory in the Naples/Bonita Springs/Estero market as of 9-1-12 is down to 6,151 units. (2,766 single family homes and 3,385 condos).
- This is a 17.5% decrease as compared to September of 2011.
“The source of this real property information is the copyrighted and proprietary database compilation of Sunshine MLS, LLC. Copyright 2012 Sunshine MLS, LLC. All rights reserved. The accuracy of this information is not warranted or guaranteed. This information should be independently verified if any person intends to engage in a transaction in reliance upon it.”