Naples Florida Real Estate Market News –
12 Month Comparisons as of April 30, 2016
- There were 3,859 closed sales during the first 4 months of 2016, down from 4,799 closings during the same period in 2015.
- The 9% decline in the number of closed sales over the past 12 months continues to be driven primarily by the 26% drop in sales priced below $250,000. Sales priced between $2 and $5 million remained approximately the same as the prior 12 months.
- Closed sales priced above $2 million year-to-date fell 20% when compared to the same period in 2015 (155 vs 194).
- Available inventory on May 1, 2016 consisted of 6,810 units, up from 5,030 units on May 1, 2015.
- During the month of April 2016 there were a total of 1,922 new listings added to the market. This is the highest for the month since 2010.
AVERAGE AND MEDIAN SALES PRICE
- Average price of closed sales during the month of April increased 5% year-over-year, while median closed price is up 8%.
- Average price of sales above $2 million increased 2% over the past 12 months, from $3,791,661 to $3,868,535.
“The source of this real property information is the copyrighted and proprietary database compilation of Southwest Florida MLS. Copyright 2016 Southwest Florida MLS. All rights reserved. The accuracy of this information is not warranted or guaranteed. This information should be independently verified if any person intends to engage in a transaction in reliance upon it. Naples Florida Monthly Real Estate Market Update is provided by Dustin Beard.”